We enjoy having visitors in the COPLOW Lab and encourage you to plan for at least 2 weeks.
Training opportunities include:
- Learn to process globes and related tissue
- Participate in daily case read-outs
- Participate in Wednesday morning eye pathology rounds at the UW School of Veterinary Medicine
- Attend the weekly Ophthalmology grand rounds seminar at the UW School of Medicine
- Comparative ocular anatomy with Dr. Dubielzig
- Self study at the microscope looking at a ocular pathology training sets including the Wisconsin Ocular Pathology Training Set (WOPTS), which covers diseases of cat and dog eyes, the Histologic Basis of Ocular Disease (HBOD) slide set, sets of normal eyes, and more
- In addition visitors have access to our collection of normal exotic eyes and our large (70,000 cases) diseased animal eye collection.
Please contact COPLOW pathologist Gillian Shaw, if you are interested in visiting. A housing option might be possible through Dr. Dubielzig or can be inquired about through Dr. Gillian Shaw.