Sample submission summary:
- Fix samples in 10% neutral buffered formalin. Put very small samples into cassettes so we can find them when they arrive.
- Put the jar in one Ziplock bag and the submission form in a separate Ziplock bag to prevent formalin getting on the submission form.
- Complete the submission form and include relevant information. Please indicate locations of lesions on the form to facilitate our ability to help you diagnose what is relevant to the case.
- Send formalin jars with submission forms in separate Ziplock bags in a cardboard box (not an envelope) to:
School of Veterinary Medicine
Dr. Leandro Teixeira
2015 Linden Dr, Room 3308
Madison, WI 53706-1102
- Cases can be sent via the United States Postal Service (USPS), United Parcel Service (UPS) or FedEx. Keep track of your tracking numbers in case a sample gets lost during shipping. Do not pay extra for Saturday delivery as no one is present to receive packages on Saturdays.
- Refrigeration is not required.
- During the winter (i.e. November-March) please add ethanol or isopropyl alcohol to 10% of the formalin volume to prevent freezing during shipping.
- Checks can no longer be submitted with samples and all balances will be billed to a provided email address, or less preferably to a street address. Please call us with questions.
- All submitted tissues become the property of COPLOW and may be used for research purposes.
If you have additional questions, check out the FAQ.
If that still is not enough information, please call us (608) 263-4958 or email us: email@example.com