Department of Medical Sciences
Titles and Education
- Clinical Professor of Dermatology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin-Madision. Dr. Moriello joined the faculty in 1986.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Dermatology. She was awarded the American College of Veterinary Dermatology Award for Excellence for outstanding contributions to service and education in 2005
- Dermatology Residency Training, University of Florida 1984-1986
- DVM 1982, University of Illinois
- BS 1978, Eastern Illinois University
ResearchMy research interests are focused on feline dermatophytosis or "ringworm". This is an important skin disease of cats because it is not only infectious and contagious but a known zoonosis. The Dermatology Research Laboratory is currently working on protocols for the treatment and management of this disease in animal shelters. Current laboratory studies are focusing on evidence based disinfectant and cleaning protocols.
Co-Editor of Veterinary Dermatology-an International Journal