Harry Momont, DVM, DACT
Department of Medical Sciences
Titles and Education
- BS 1974, University of Wisconsin
- DVM 1978, University of Minnesota
- PhD 1985, University of Minnesota
- Board Certification 1986, American College of Theriogenologists
Dr. Momont is currently investigating the use of diagnostic ultrasonography of the male genital tract as a breeding management tool.
ResponsibilitiesDr. Momont is the Cheif of Services for the Large Animal Hospital. He coordinates the fourth year clinical rotation in theriogenology that covers all large animal species, and provides lecture and laboratory training in reproduction to DVM students throughout the first three years of the professional curriculum.
Dr. Momont's primary clinical emphasis is the reproductive management and diseases of food and fiber animals.
- Momont H and Checura C. Ultrasound Examination of the Reproductive Tract: Bull. In: Bovine Reproduction, Richard Hopper Ed. Wiley-Blackwell, Ames, Iowa, Submitted.
- Peek S, Momont H, Mueller T and Bell C. Theriogenology Question of the Month. JAVMA 241 (2012) 1583-1585.
- Momont H and Meronek J. Seminal Vesiculitis. In: The 5-Minute Veterinary Consult: Ruminant. Scott R R Haskell Ed. Wiley-Blackwell, Ames, Iowa, 2008.
- Momont H. Bovine Reproductive Emergencies. Vet Clin Food Anim 21 (2005) 711-727.
- Momont H. Safety of Palpation Per Rectum for Pregnancy Diagnosis in Dairy Cattle. Abstract. Proceedings: Society for Theriogenology Annual Meeting (2004) 11.