Jessica Pritchard, VMD, MS, DACVIM (SAIM)
Department of Medical Sciences
Dr. Pritchard's research interests include geographically common infectious diseases specifically Lyme borreliosis, leptospirosis, and blastomycosis.
Dr. Pritchard is responsible for clinical service in Small Animal Internal Medicine at UW Veterinary Care, instruction and mentoring of veterinary students, interns, & residents, Co-Director of the Small Animal Rotating Internship, and research in infectious disease and gastrointestinal disease.
Infectious diseases and gastrointestinal disease in dogs and cats, interventional radiology, and veterinary student and resident education.
MS (Comparative Biomedical Sciences), 2017, North Carolina State University
- Jacobs C, Jaffey JA, Trepanier LA, Pritchard JC. Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations and mortality in dogs with blastomycosis. Vet J. 2021 Aug;274:105707. doi: 10.1016/j.tvjl.2021.105707. Epub 2021 Jun 10. PMID: 34148015.
- Saver A, Loeber S, Hardie R, Wood MW, Pritchard JC. Transpalatal reconstruction and stenting for treatment of choanal atresia and nasopharyngeal stenosis in a dog. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2021 Jul 15;259(2):190-196. doi: 10.2460/javma.259.2.190. PMID: 34227860.
- Saver AT, Steiner JM, Hetzel SJ, Lidbury JA, Suchodolski JS, Pritchard JC. Effect of withholding food on serum concentrations of cobalamin, folate, trypsin-like immunoreactivity, and pancreatic lipase immunoreactivity in healthy dogs. Am J Vet Res. 2021 May;82(5):367-373. doi: 10.2460/ajvr.82.5.367. PMID: 33904803.
- Bray RN, Raghu CL, Leuin AS, Barry-Heffernan CA, Pritchard JC. Oral administration of voriconazole with surgical fungal plaque debridement for the treatment of sinonasal aspergillosis with cribriform plate lysis in three dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2020 Jan 1;256(1):111-116. doi: 10.2460/javma.256.1.111. PMID: 31841098.
- For a full list of publications please visit: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1781-2158