Christoph Mans, Dr Med Vet, DACZM, Clinical Associate Professor
Department of Surgical Sciences
Titles and Education
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Zoological Medicine
- Residency in Zoological Medicine: University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee County Zoo, and International Crane Foundation
- Internship in Avian & Exotic Animal Medicine: University of Guelph, Canada
- Doctoral Thesis: University of Zurich, Switzerland (Degree: Dr. med. vet)
- Studies of Veterinary Medicine: University of Leipzig, Germany (Degree: med. vet.)
- Intranasal drug delivery for sedation and analgesia in birds
- Spinal anesthesia and analgesia in turtles and tortoises
- Diagnostic imaging of reptiles
- Clinical case managment of patients seen by the Special Species Health Service
- Clinical training of veterinary students, interns and residents during rotation through the Special Species Health Service
- Course coordinator for the "Exotic Animal Medicine Courses" during the 3rd year of the veterinary curriculum
- Zoological medicine
- Dentistry in rabbits and rodents
- Endoscopy for diagnosis and therapy in zoological species
- Journal articles (peer-reviewed)
- Book chapter: "Anesthesia": In Current Therapy in Reptile Medicine and Surgery. Mader DR and Divers SJ (eds). Elsevier, 2013.
- Book chapter: "Emergencies in Exotic Species": In Emergency Procedures for the Small Animal Veterinarian (3rd ed). Signe J Plunkett (ed). Elsevier, 2013.
- Book chapter: Editor and author "Small mammal section": In Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Birds and Exotic Pets . Mayer J and Donnelly TM (eds). Elsevier, 2012.
- Book chapters: "Disease Problems of Chinchillas" and "Biology, Husbandry, and Clinical Techniques of Guinea Pigs and Chinchillas": In Ferrets, Rabbits and Rodents: Clinical Medicine and Surgery