The School of Veterinary Medicine was pleased to welcome several new faculty members to our team in 2021, with interests and specialties ranging from veterinary anesthesia to vector-borne diseases to tumor tracking and radiation oncology.
The strength of the SVM’s faculty and support staff is demonstrated by their outstanding qualifications, their high level of performance, and their commitment to excellence in our educational, research and outreach missions. To better fulfill these missions, the school has increased its faculty numbers by a net of 23 over the past five years. Our synergistic tenure and clinical track programs enable the school to achieve excellence in teaching, basic research, clinical research and clinical service.
Get to know five of our new faculty members by reading their Q&As, detailing the academic and personal journeys that led them to the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
Faculty Focus Q&As
- Erin Lashnits, Clinical Assistant Professor, Small Animal Internal Medicine
- Amy Nichelason, Clinical Assistant Professor, Primary Care
- Adrianna Sage, Clinical Assistant Professor of Veterinary Anesthesia and Pain Management
- Nathaniel (Nate) Van Asselt, Clinical Assistant Professor, Radiation Oncology
- Seng Wai (Darrel) Yap, Clinical Assistant Professor, Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging