Department of Medical Sciences
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Emergency/Critical Care
- BS, Juniata College, 2004
- DVM, Michigan State University, 2008
- Small Animal Rotating Internship, North Carolina State University, 2008-2009
- Residency, Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care, North Carolina State University, 2009-2012
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care, 2012
Research interests include blood product leukoreduction, principles of blood banking, and viscoelastic tests of coagulation (e.g., thromboelastography).
Bleeding disorders, transfusion medicine and blood banking, fluid resuscitation, trauma, immune-mediated hematologic disease, and many others.
Walker JM, Hanel RM, Hansen BD, Motsinger-Reif AA. Comparison of venous sampling methods for thromboelastography in clinically normal dogs. Am J Vet Res, 2012; 73(12):1864-70.