Department of Pathobiological Sciences
- 2008 - 2013 PhD, Comparative Pathology, University of California, Davis
- 2007 Board-certification with the American College of Veterinary Pathologists
- 2004 - 2007 Anatomic Pathology Residency, University of California, Davis and Zoological Society of San Diego
- 2000 - 2004 DVM, University of California, Davis
- 1994 - 1998 BS, Stanford University
Case-driven research in diagnostic pathology.
- 16 weeks biopsy and necropsy service per year.
- Practical instruction for 4th year students on rotation through the necropsy service.
- Case and board preparation mentorship for anatomic pathology residents.
Diagnostic pathology. Infectious disease. Non-domestic species.
Imai DM, Miller JM, Leonard BC, Bach JF, Drees R, Steinberg H, Teixeira LBC. 2013. Visceral leiomyopathy associated with intestinal pseudo-obstruction in a Bengal cat (Felix catus x Prionailurus bengalensis). Vet Pathol. Submitted 2013.
Imai DM, Samuels DS, Feng S, Hodzic E, Olsen K, Barthold SW. 2012. The early dissemination defect attributed to disruption of decorin-binding proteins is abolished in chronic murine Lyme borreliosis. Infect Immun. In revision.
Imai DM, Barr BC, Daft B, Bertone JJ, Feng S, Hodzic E, Johnston JM, Olsen KJ, Barthold SW. 2011. Lyme neuroborreliosis in two horses. Vet Pathol. 48(6):1151-7.
Imai DM, Nadler SA, Brenner D, Donovan TA, Pessier AP. 2009. Rhabditid nematode-associated ophthalmitis and meningoencephalomyelitis in captive Asian horned frogs (Megophrys montana). J Vet Diagn Invest. 21:568-573.
Imai DM, Cornish J, Nordhausen R, Ellis J, MacLachlan NJ. 2006. Renal tubular necrosis and interstitial hemorrhage ("Turkey-egg kidney") in a circovirus-infected Yorkshire-cross pig. J Vet Diagn Invest. 18(5):496-99.