Department of Medical Sciences
Office: 3120 Desk 31
- University of Leipzig, Germany: med. vet. (DVM equivalent) (2006)
- University of Guelph, Canada: Internship in Avian and Exotic Animal Medicine (2007)
- University of Wisconsin, Int. Crane Foundation & Milwaukee County Zoo: Residency in Zoological Medicine (2012)
- Intranasal drug delivery for sedation and analgesia in birds
- Spinal anesthesia and analgesia in turtles and tortoises
- Diagnostic imaging of reptiles
- Clinical case managment of patients seen by the Special Species Health Service
- Clinical training of veterinary students, interns and residents during rotation through the Special Species Health Service
- Course coordinator for the " Basic and Advanced Exotic Animal Medicine Courses" during the 3rd year of the veterinary curriculum
- Zoological medicine, with a focus on clinical management of zoological companion animals
- Avian medicine
- Dentistry in rabbits and rodents
- Endoscopy for diagnosis and therapy in zoological species
Journal articles (peer-reviewed)
Book chapter: Editor and author "Small mammal section": In Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Birds and Exotic Pets (1st ed). Mayer J. and Donnelly TM (eds). Elsevier, 2012.
Book chapter: "Emergencies in Exotic Species": In Emergency Procedures for the Small Animal Veterinarian (3rd ed). Signe J. Plunkett (ed). Elsevier, 2013.
Book chapter: "Disease Problems of Chinchillas": In Ferrets, Rabbits and Rodents: Clinical Medicine and Surgery (3rd ed). Quesenberry KE and Carpenter JW (eds). Elsevier, 2012.